- Minecraft: GameTracker capabilities were restored earlier this month, and since then we have had one visitor as a result. While this doesn't look like much, it enables us to advertise the server and is a huge step forward in increasing the player base.
- Unreal Tournament 2004: The private server is in fact running, but due to some configuration issues, it still cannot be connected to. Furthermore, enabling WebAdmin kills the public UT2004 server, so the server has been sitting in the backseat. While I do intend on restoring access to the server (and not as a private server unless needed for an event), it is a low priority. A pug server on the Montreal VPS is planned, and can be mirrored to the West Coast server; I need to get some more feedback on the desired configuration before continuing on it.
- Unreal Tournament 2003: This server leaks resources and is the largest CPU hog on the West Coast server. Automated daily restarts will fix this, and this will be implemented soon. I do not intend to close this server, but it may see intermittent downtime of up to a day.
- Unreal Tournament '99: This server has caused problems with all other UT servers, and has been closed indefinitely.
- Garry's Mod: This server was recently restored; collections-based mod loading greatly eases the process, and restoration took place over the course of a few hours. The server is a massive resource hog, so it will only be running on demand.
- Team Fortress 2: A few maps were added, but for the most part this server has not seen any significant changes. A periodic lag problem was fixed, although the server still appears to have consistency issues.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: This server will remain private, and although services have been restored, there are serious stability issues with the server. Don't use online config generators, folks.
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: This server is a recent addition by Crawdad, and is quite popular.
- IRC: Services remain down. It will be a pain to fix. I haven't had the time nor necessity to make this a priority.
- ZNC: While humans have had services since day 2, many game servers using the BosaikNet ZNC service (like sKm's UT2004 server) have been delinked from IRC and service has not been restored yet. This is one of my higher priorities to fix.
- Forums: Activity continues to crawl along, but a behind-the-scenes project continues.
Official BosaikNet news for everyone
1 post • Page 1 of 1
I figured I should provide some regular updates about progress or changes in the services BosaikNet hosts.