- Server: The server is on a new host, with more stable networking and a more stable IP address as well. There's still some network bugs to work out but these are comparatively minor.
- Minecraft: BosaikCraft has been upgraded through 1.17 and 1.18, and is now on 1.19.0. Certain anti-consumer changes by Microsoft conflict with BosaikCraft's vision statement, and moving forward we may use serverside plugins to allow older clients to connect. We are already stripping chat message signatures, and have been doing so as soon as the option became available; BosaikNet is capable of self-administration. Dynmap has been restored, server administration has finished protecting overworld player builds with Towny, and the server's economy has been yet again reset to remove the last vestiges of build protection stimulus money. Extradimensional builds are still pending protection, and the permissions system is pending an audit and role assignment, before the server is ready to go public.
- Unreal Tournament 2004: ComboWhore Chicago is no longer with us; other than that, no changes.
- Unreal Tournament 2003: No changes, still dead.
- Garry's Mod: IRC linking is, at this time, not possible. We now run VCMod with a wide variety of vehicles, and the addon list for the server has been reworked significantly to reduce client-side disk usage and include more engaging content. The server also has some custom BosaikNet content.
- Team Fortress 2: No change.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: No change.
- IRC: UnrealIRCd has been upgraded to version 6 network-wide, offering improvements in security. Some issues with IRC services have been resolved, and IRC services have also been updated to the latest version.
- ZNC: ZNC is still hosted on the Windows side, and ZNC still freezes intermittently. We've tried reinstalling the latest stable package and we've tried compiling from the latest sources.
- Forums: No changes.
Official BosaikNet news for everyone
1 post • Page 1 of 1
It's been a while since we've done one of these. A fair bit has changed, mostly on the Minecraft end.