- Server: The network issues are still present, and a couple attempts at resolving that issue failed. We no longer think it's CPE at fault. We're also seeing random server crashes happening, which causes several hours of downtime until an administrator notices something amiss. IRC, fortunately, does a good job at letting us know if/when West goes down.
- Minecraft: BosaikCraft is currently on 1.16.4/1.16.5, and has come out of staging despite the network issues. We've implemented all of the proposed changes from the August 2020 SOTS post, and every once in a while we'll cycle out the mining world (which doesn't see enough use to develop an automated solution). Admins are still discussing what to do when 1.17 drops, but it'll be a while before both PaperMC and plugins support 1.17 anyways.
- Unreal Tournament 2004: We haven't resumed Discord linking since the threat of rate limiting shutoffs is too great. A stateful chat linking solution is needed.
- Unreal Tournament 2003: The server broke pretty hard, notipa thinks it's due to file corruption. A fix is in the works. We deleted about 800,000 log files as the server made a new log each crash and it got stuck in a loop.
- Garry's Mod: We're still on the x64 beta branch. It's nice. SourceMod might let us do IRC linking the same way we do with TF2.
- Team Fortress 2: No change.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: No change.
- IRC: A new SSL-only West server has been added. Two more non-public servers have been added to provide higher redundancy capability should West or East fail. UnrealIRCd doesn't allow redundant links, however, so the West-East link still forms the backbone.
- ZNC: We moved to a freshly-compiled ZNC 1.8 branch, but we are now having issues with ZNC hanging after a couple of days. Resources permitting, we might move to a proper Linux environment for this.
- Forums: No changes.
Official BosaikNet news for everyone
1 post • Page 1 of 1
I guess we're not back on a regular State of the Services update cycle.